Old 2/21/13, 04:36 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
So is everything.
Costs keep going up.
Wages...not so much
This, it seems Ford actively adjusts for inflation every year, unfortunately jobs don't.
Old 2/21/13, 06:58 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I am telling everyone I talk to at the dealership and online here, who wants any new Mustang, and even the 2015 Mustang, to sign up for Mustang Club of America and this gets them X-Plan. That price is just a little over $100 over invoice and caps the dealer documentation fee at $100 max (some states have a stupid high doc fee ). Its worth the $50 for the membership. I am just waiting it out until I post my offer for any forum members who wants to order their 2015 Mustangs from me if they don't do X-Plan. It will be more, but not much. As long as Ford offers Retail Order Verification, like they did for the 2011s back in the day, I can get as many as I need with no allocation restrictions!!

What Retail Order Verification was was as long as I scanned a copy of the purchase order, the DORA and the license of the buyer, the car would get built. It overrides any allocation that I normally get and I can get as many cars as I order. It was a great program back in 2011 for the new motor. If they bring it back, I will offer a great deal on 2015s to everyone on here!!!
If you were close to my location I would be in for the offer, but I get xplan through my job
Old 2/24/13, 02:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cbf102770

If you were close to my location I would be in for the offer, but I get xplan through my job
No worries bud. If you don't mind a drive home in a brand new Mustang, I could still order your car for you through my place. I had a Florida member fly up & drive it home. What company do you work for?
If you don't mind the distance I'll order whatever you want.
Old 2/24/13, 02:43 PM
V6 Member

I am telling everyone I talk to at the dealership and online here, who wants any new Mustang, and even the 2015 Mustang, to sign up for Mustang Club of America and this gets them X-Plan. That price is just a little over $100 over invoice and caps the dealer documentation fee at $100 max (some states have a stupid high doc fee ). Its worth the $50 for the membership. I am just waiting it out until I post my offer for any forum members who wants to order their 2015 Mustangs from me if they don't do X-Plan. It will be more, but not much. As long as Ford offers Retail Order Verification, like they did for the 2011s back in the day, I can get as many as I need with no allocation restrictions!!

What Retail Order Verification was was as long as I scanned a copy of the purchase order, the DORA and the license of the buyer, the car would get built. It overrides any allocation that I normally get and I can get as many cars as I order. It was a great program back in 2011 for the new motor. If they bring it back, I will offer a great deal on 2015s to everyone on here!!!
A couple of questions:

1. How long do you have needed to belong to Mustang Club of America to receive the X-plan pricing from a dealer?

2. Would this be for ANY model Mustang?

3. What sort of documentation do you have to show to a dealer to prove membership and secure the X-plan pricing?

4. Would I be able to order a Mustang from a dealer and secure X-plan pricing on that order? Or does it have to be an "in stock" vehicle?

Thanks.

Last edited by Free Agent; 2/24/13 at 03:01 PM.
Old 2/24/13, 03:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Free Agent

A couple of questions:

1. How long do you have needed to belong to Mustang Club of America to receive the X-plan pricing from a dealer?

2. Would this be for ANY model Mustang?

3. What sort of documentation do you have to show to a dealer to prove membership and secure the X-plan pricing?

4. Would I be able to order a Mustang from a dealer and secure X-plan pricing on that order? Or does it have to be an "in stock" vehicle?

Thanks.
Hey bud, glad to help.

1) You have to be a member technically for 60 days before you buy a car. But its technically as Ford doesn't check this unless they audit the dealers.

2) X-Plan works for any V6 or GT model. Special Editions like Shelby or Boss are ineliglble.

3) You need to show your MCA member card or the screen shot showing your a member

4) Its for any type of purchase. On the lot or factory order. Its an easy way to buy a car & it saves on the Doc fee too. Any questions, feel free to post or you can always PM me or call me at my store. Number is in my sig.
Old 2/24/13, 03:48 PM
V6 Member

Hey bud, glad to help.

1) You have to be a member technically for 60 days before you buy a car. But its technically as Ford doesn't check this unless they audit the dealers.

2) X-Plan works for any V6 or GT model. Special Editions like Shelby or Boss are ineliglble.

3) You need to show your MCA member card or the screen shot showing your a member

4) Its for any type of purchase. On the lot or factory order. Its an easy way to buy a car & it saves on the Doc fee too. Any questions, feel free to post or you can always PM me or call me at my store. Number is in my sig.
Thanks for the response. Wish you were closer to my area and I would come to you when the time came to purchase.

Looks like this could be a way for me to secure a good price on a new 2015 Mustang GT soon after it comes out next year. I like that I could order it AND still secure the x-plan pricing. Thank you.
Old 2/24/13, 05:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the response. Wish you were closer to my area and I would come to you when the time came to purchase.

Looks like this could be a way for me to secure a good price on a new 2015 Mustang GT soon after it comes out next year. I like that I could order it AND still secure the x-plan pricing. Thank you.
Does x-plan really have value anymore? The dealer can refuse it if they want to correct? So they have to be willing to sell the car at that price anyway which is a few hundred over invoice. You can negotiate to that price anyway. Am I missing something about the program that I am not aware of? I have generally been confused about the value add of the program.
Old 2/24/13, 06:51 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by xlover
Does x-plan really have value anymore? The dealer can refuse it if they want to correct? So they have to be willing to sell the car at that price anyway which is a few hundred over invoice. You can negotiate to that price anyway. Am I missing something about the program that I am not aware of? I have generally been confused about the value add of the program.
I've tried to do a little more online research. So don't hold me to all this as truth. But it looks like if you get a certain x-plan PIN code, alert the dealer of this and include your code they must at least show you the x-plan pricing. Whether or not they honor it I'm not sure. For instance I also saw that membership in Michigan University Alumni Association also allows those members into the x-plan pricing. I would think that going through the proper channels that any accredited dealer would have to honor it I would think, but again I may be mistaken. Frankly on some models you could probably haggle down to invoice anyway. I'm just thinking that a in demand model like Mustang next year will not be able to be negotiated for anything less than MSRP, unless you come in with the x-plan pricing PIN code. Again, don't hold me to this, I'm new to this Ford thing.

Here's a link I found.

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnercaweb/planRules.do

Last edited by Free Agent; 2/24/13 at 06:52 PM.
Old 2/25/13, 10:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

There still in value in it today. Years ago it was under invoice, but Ford changed it and it became just over invoice. Being honest, dealers can't keep selling cars at under invoice if they want to stay in business for long. All dealers are businesses and they deserve to make some money to keep the doors open and their employees working.

X-Plan is a great medium where it gets the price just over invoice and no hassle. But the big thing is the dealer doc fee is capped by using it. Some dealers I have seen have a $500+ doc fee. X-PLan caps it at $100. That saves $400 in some states.

Some dealers can refuse to sell a car at X-Plan. Something hot or in short supply. But nowadays, it doesn't really happen. The 2015 car is not a car for everyone. Its a coupe, and still has a limited market, vs say a Fusion or Escape, which caters to a more broad audience and sells way more. That is why I can't imagine any dealer NOT taking X-Plan on it. Will there be some places gouging the new car in terms of price..I'm sure there will be places. They will be stupid and wait for the "gotta have it yesterday" buyer willing to pay stupid money.

That is why I'll just sit back and order all the cars at X-Plan (as long as the customer is eligible via their job, or Mustang Club of America). Its a good deal for everyone. If there are dealers who want to sell the 2015 under invoice, they are IMHO, not doing their jobs. They are selling on price and not showing any value and don't care.

For a new model (Fusion, Escape, etc), we dont sell them at the bottom right away. Why should anyone do that. Its a new model. At least X-Plan is a guarantee of getting it priced that low without a hassle.
Old 2/25/13, 10:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

I've tried to do a little more online research. So don't hold me to all this as truth. But it looks like if you get a certain x-plan PIN code, alert the dealer of this and include your code they must at least show you the x-plan pricing. Whether or not they honor it I'm not sure. For instance I also saw that membership in Michigan University Alumni Association also allows those members into the x-plan pricing. I would think that going through the proper channels that any accredited dealer would have to honor it I would think, but again I may be mistaken. Frankly on some models you could probably haggle down to invoice anyway. I'm just thinking that a in demand model like Mustang next year will not be able to be negotiated for anything less than MSRP, unless you come in with the x-plan pricing PIN code. Again, don't hold me to this, I'm new to this Ford thing.

Here's a link I found.

Hey bud, see my reply above.
Old 2/25/13, 10:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

Here's a link I found.

Old 2/25/13, 10:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

There still in value in it today. Years ago it was under invoice, but Ford changed it and it became just over invoice. Being honest, dealers can't keep selling cars at under invoice if they want to stay in business for long. All dealers are businesses and they deserve to make some money to keep the doors open and their employees working.

X-Plan is a great medium where it gets the price just over invoice and no hassle. But the big thing is the dealer doc fee is capped by using it. Some dealers I have seen have a $500+ doc fee. X-PLan caps it at $100. That saves $400 in some states.

Some dealers can refuse to sell a car at X-Plan. Something hot or in short supply. But nowadays, it doesn't really happen. The 2015 car is not a car for everyone. Its a coupe, and still has a limited market, vs say a Fusion or Escape, which caters to a more broad audience and sells way more. That is why I can't imagine any dealer NOT taking X-Plan on it. Will there be some places gouging the new car in terms of price..I'm sure there will be places. They will be stupid and wait for the "gotta have it yesterday" buyer willing to pay stupid money.

That is why I'll just sit back and order all the cars at X-Plan (as long as the customer is eligible via their job, or Mustang Club of America). Its a good deal for everyone. If there are dealers who want to sell the 2015 under invoice, they are IMHO, not doing their jobs. They are selling on price and not showing any value and don't care.

For a new model (Fusion, Escape, etc), we dont sell them at the bottom right away. Why should anyone do that. Its a new model. At least X-Plan is a guarantee of getting it priced that low without a hassle.
Good info, i guess my question is more focused now. If in may 2014 looking to buy a 2015 I walked in without an xplan pin and said "can you print me the invoice sheet" and pointed to the xplan number and said I will buy at that price a dealer would refuse the sale but if i walked in with the pin they would accept it? Even though the profit would be the same either way? Or is It just a hassle thing for the customer besides the doc fee limit.

I do see the value in limiting the doc fee which seems to be around 300 in the Boston area.
Old 2/25/13, 02:43 PM
V6 Member

Thank you, appreciated.

Good info, i guess my question is more focused now. If in may 2014 looking to buy a 2015 I walked in without an xplan pin and said "can you print me the invoice sheet" and pointed to the xplan number and said I will buy at that price a dealer would refuse the sale but if i walked in with the pin they would accept it? Even though the profit would be the same either way? Or is It just a hassle thing for the customer besides the doc fee limit.

I do see the value in limiting the doc fee which seems to be around 300 in the Boston area.
I'd like to know the answer to your question as well.

As for doc fees, I've only paid for it once and it was less than 100 bucks. If a dealer wants to charge an outrageous doc fee, I always ask first and whatever price we negotiate I will ask for whatever that is LESS the doc fee. I'm not going to pay some bogus documentation fee for shuffling paperwork, its their job. Its a paperwork equivalent of undercoating. But I see where this could rid someone of the hassle of doing the negotiation on their own.
Old 2/25/13, 04:13 PM
V6 Member

No worries bud. If you don't mind a drive home in a brand new Mustang, I could still order your car for you through my place. I had a Florida member fly up & drive it home. What company do you work for?
I know you're not close but exactly where are you located?
Old 2/25/13, 09:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for all the replies so far to all that have responded.

I'm just a bit worried how much the price increase jump will be. I think I'm one of that "target demographic" for the GT but if it increases too much I may not be. And I won't "settle" for the V6 or turbo 4 either. (Please don't take that as an affront V6 owners, I'm just a V8 guy at heart.)
None offense taken. Lol. I do not care if the new mustang is a three cylinder car. If it gets 450 HP, 420 torque, factory stock and can roll a 1/4 mile in 12.5, then rock out. You can get caught up in the V size. Last time I checked, speed doesn't care about the engine size. Fast is fast, no matter what the size is. Mustang is sexy no matter what engine size is in there.
Old 2/26/13, 07:15 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
For those in the Northwest, the dealership I work for operates similarly to Jeff's. We gladly honor X-plan all day long on most models, including GT/V6 Mustangs. And for those who don't have an X-plan PIN, we special order 2014 GT/V6 Mustangs for our customers at the factory invoice total, but there's a $150 doc fee ($100 on X-plan deals). 2015 pricing will likely be much closer to invoice than MSRP here, as well.

As cool as the 2015 Mustang will likely be, it'll still just be a high volume product to us dealers, so pricing should be reasonable. The speciality models (i.e. Shelby) will continue to bring MSRP or close to it, but the base & GT models will sell for invoice +/- a few hundred bucks at most dealers nationwide, IMHO.
Old 2/26/13, 06:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Might be giving you a visit for a '15 Jeff. Do you guys have a sales tax for exportation ! Can you sell cars to Canadians !

Paul from VanBortel in N-Y can no longer sell us cars, due to some weird Ford allocation policies.
Old 2/26/13, 07:40 PM
V6 Member

Always great to see someone converting from GM!
Old 2/26/13, 08:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Vickstang

Name:  _facebook_728632288_.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  14.5 KB
Old 2/27/13, 05:48 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Vickstang
When they kill off your favorite division that you've purchased new from for many years and been a fan of for longer than that. It gets a lot easier to say goodbye. My username says what I am now. Mustang is on top of a short list, but I am also interested in some other makers as well. They cut me loose we'll see who offers what I want and gets my money.

Quick Reply: 2015 Mustang pricing questions?