2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Shaker System: HD radio?

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/12, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Shaker System: HD radio?

For those of you that have already picked up your 2013 GT/V6 Premiums.

Does the Shaker audio system, the regular Shaker on the Premium and not the Pro with the additional subwoofer, have HD radio standard?

What I am understanding by reading the Ford's website is that it comes standard on all Shaker systems. The only addition to the Shaker Pro is the amped woofer in the trunk. Check it out here: http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/fea...page=Feature31

Now, if I remember correctly, the HD was only available on 2012 GT Premiums with the Shaker Pro. Ford doesn't make that distinction on their website. If they do include it an all Premium trim Mustangs, then it is an understated upgrade. I really could care less for Sirius but the HD radio is better FREE radio.

Your comments and experiences?

Sal

Old 4/6/12, 07:08 AM
V6 Member

it would be nice if it came in all the shaker systems, i will find out in a week or so, hopefully

This line here makes it look like it is all shaker systems have HD:
" If you want even more, the available Shaker Pro Audio System has six speakers and three subwoofers."

Last edited by jayb79; 4/6/12 at 07:16 AM.
Old 4/6/12, 08:12 AM
GT Member

I think that is referencing the Nav radio like last year. I just priced one out and it appears to be the same.
Old 4/6/12, 08:23 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have HD radio in my '12 with nav without the trunk subs.
Old 4/6/12, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by det97
I think that is referencing the Nav radio like last year. I just priced one out and it appears to be the same.
Yes, but if you also look at the Nav web page ( http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/fea...page=Feature22 ) they don't mention HD radio even though they mention all the other features such as the 10 Gb internal hard drive jukebox. On the other hand, the HD radio is listed under "Shaker Audio System with HD Radio™" exclusively. In other words, HD radio is not being portrayed as a function of the NAV system but of the Shaker.

Ford, as always, shows upgraded trim versions of all their marketing photos. This is why they slap the obligatory and ambiguous Nav system any chance they get. Seems to me that this may be a question for Deysha or at least for owners of Premium trims without the NAV.

Sal
Old 4/6/12, 09:40 AM

One more thing to consider. Ford mentions that the Shaker is upgraded from last years version. Well, if it looks the same and has the same number of speakers, then maybe the HD radio addition is the upgrade that they are talking about.

http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2...g_Callouts.pdf
Old 4/6/12, 02:21 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by saldman
Yes, but if you also look at the Nav web page ( http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/fea...page=Feature22 ) they don't mention HD radio even though they mention all the other features such as the 10 Gb internal hard drive jukebox. On the other hand, the HD radio is listed under "Shaker Audio System with HD Radio™" exclusively. In other words, HD radio is not being portrayed as a function of the NAV system but of the Shaker.
Ford, as always, shows upgraded trim versions of all their marketing photos. This is why they slap the obligatory and ambiguous Nav system any chance they get. Seems to me that this may be a question for Deysha or at least for owners of Premium trims without the NAV.
Hi saldman,

I checked the order guide and all I see that mentions the HD Radio is the Optional Electronics Package for the V6 & GT Premiums. I will research this further for you guys.

Deysha
Old 4/6/12, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hi saldman,

I checked the order guide and all I see that mentions the HD Radio is the Optional Electronics Package for the V6 & GT Premiums. I will research this further for you guys.

Deysha
Thanks.

YOU are Customer Service.
YOU rock!

At least someone at Ford had enough sense to hire you.

Sal
Old 4/9/12, 04:39 PM

If this helps any, we have a new Flex with Nav and it does indeed have HD radio. It is the very same nav unit as in the Mustang.
Old 4/9/12, 04:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
HD radio only comes with Electronics Package.
Old 4/9/12, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by dmhines
HD radio only comes with Electronics Package.
That is what I suspected all along. I was just wishfully hoping that what Ford has on their website were true. In the end it seems like a Ford oversight which portrays HD radio as being part of their Shaker systems. Or was it???

Break, break.

Ford: FIX YOUR WEBSITE! Its misleading.

Sal
Old 4/20/12, 01:34 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by saldman
Thanks.
YOU are Customer Service.
YOU rock!
At least someone at Ford had enough sense to hire you.
Sal
Thanks, Sal!!

Deysha
Old 4/20/12, 04:37 PM

Also, the "customize and build" for the 2013 V6 premium doesn't display the 8-inch touch screen in the Electronics Package if the comfort package is selected. (It's a bug in the flash). The Comfort Package overrides the way the center console is rendered for some reason.

This is at least the case with a V6 Premium - Mustang Club of America edition. The 2012 version displays this properly.
Old 4/20/12, 04:49 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by tonythebull
Also, the "customize and build" for the 2013 V6 premium doesn't display the 8-inch touch screen in the Electronics Package if the comfort package is selected. (It's a bug in the flash). The Comfort Package overrides the way the center console is rendered for some reason.

This is at least the case with a V6 Premium - Mustang Club of America edition. The 2012 version displays this properly.
I noticed that too. It also doesn't show that the strip between the rear window and top window is black on the glass roof config.
Old 4/23/12, 11:51 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by tonythebull

It also doesn't show the special shift **** that comes with the 401A package.