Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

MY KEY..

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/11, 01:57 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY KEY..

So I activated the my key yesterday. Obviously I had no idea what I was doing. I forgot I did this, went for a drive @ night and was pissed as hell when the car was stalling @ 80..... Anyway for you boss owners who dont know your admin Key is the red/track key.
Old 5/4/11, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by cperez360
So I activated the my key yesterday. Obviously I had no idea what I was doing. I forgot I did this, went for a drive @ night and was pissed as hell when the car was stalling @ 80..... Anyway for you boss owners who dont know your admin Key is the red/track key.
What do you mean by activate? I have not used mine to even turn on my car.
Old 5/4/11, 03:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That is not correct, first to answer the above post you program it not activate it, very simple just look at you manual.

Any key can be an admin key. You can program up to 8 keys for the car, 7 of those can be made MyKey but it will not let you do the final one, which ever key that is.. The car knows how many keys are programed so there is no worry there. You just need to keep track of which it is and use that to un-program a MyKey. Keep in mind if you lose that admin key and all others are MyKeys then you will make a trip to the dealer to fix it.

The only thing I am not sure of is if a red key can even be used as a MyKey, I would think yes but why would you want to. After the tune is in, again not sure if it can be used.

Kinda sucks you can't set the speed limit lower as I made a MyKey for the paint shop and will use it when at the dealer, 80 is the slowest. If I could I would have it set to 45

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 5/4/11 at 03:03 PM.
Old 5/4/11, 03:03 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by r2b2007
What do you mean by activate? I have not used mine to even turn on my car.
You have two keys. The regular key I programmed it as MYKEY(see owners manual pg 93) This restricts the engine to 80 mph you can also restrict volume etc.... To cancel or reset settings use the Red Key, it will still turn on the Engine.
Hope this helps
Old 5/4/11, 03:09 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
That is not correct, first to answer the above post you program it not activate it, very simple just look at you manual.

Any key can be an admin key. You can program up to 8 keys for the car, 7 of those can be made MyKey but it will not let you do the final one, which ever key that is.. The car knows how many keys are programed so there is no worry there. You just need to keep track of which it is and use that to un-program a MyKey. Keep in mind if you lose that admin key and all others are MyKeys then you will make a trip to the dealer to fix it.

The only thing I am not sure of is if a red key can even be used as a MyKey, I would think yes but why would you want to. After the tune is in, again not sure if it can be used.

Kinda sucks you can't set the speed limit lower as I made a MyKey for the paint shop and will use it when at the dealer, 80 is the slowest. If I could I would have it set to 45
Oh...... Yeah.... What Scott said. LOL! Program would have been better to use. I dont think the redkey can be used as MYKEY. I have only have two keys and I was able to reset with the redkey... LOL 15mph so then can get teased.... Whats up with the pics, Scott???
Old 5/4/11, 03:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh...... Yeah.... What Scott said. LOL! Program would have been better to use. I dont think the redkey can be used as MYKEY. I have only have two keys and I was able to reset with the redkey... LOL 15mph so then can get teased.... Whats up with the pics, Scott???
Should have used better wording, what you said is correct except there really is no one key that is an admin key, the admin key is any key not programmed into a MyKey. Say you had 5 working keys in the car, you make one MyKey, then you have 4 admin keys to undo the MyKey you made with the fifth.
Old 5/4/11, 03:35 PM
V6 Member

Should have used better wording, what you said is correct except there really is no one key that is an admin key, the admin key is any key not programmed into a MyKey. Say you had 5 working keys in the car, you make one MyKey, then you have 4 admin keys to undo the MyKey you made with the fifth.
Got it thanks man, Hope the ride is looking good!
Old 5/6/11, 07:57 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm definately doing this when I ship my car overseas. Thanks for the info.
Old 5/6/11, 07:10 PM
GT Member

How about a transport/service key that sets the mph to about 45, rpm to 3k
no wheel spin, etc or optional data logging and with gps tracking for those times
when you have to have it moved/serviced/etc when you are not sure about
those who you have to leave it with for mandatory stuff.?? I wish the My-Key
would have more options and be adjustable for times like that.