Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

CroftGateUSA Wash & Wax on a DIRTY car

Search this Thread

Old 4/30/11, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cntchds
I bought the sample pack because of this thread, and "washed"(?) my whole car with it. I will out and out say that the shine was much better than I had expected. That being said after I put quick-n-slick on the car it left an almost greasy residue no matter how much I buffed with a microfiber towel. I may have used too much product, but I'm not sure. How many washes are you supposed to get out of the big bottles? I got one out of my sample pack with a ton of tire shine and multi-clean left over.
I just washed mine the other day and had plenty of all the product left. Especially the quick and slick. I sprayed a MF with two sprays of the Q and S per body panel and it's beading water like crazy. I sat the bottle on the hood and it slid right off.
Old 4/30/11, 10:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Blue_Ponygrl88

I just washed mine the other day and had plenty of all the product left. Especially the quick and slick. I sprayed a MF with two sprays of the Q and S per body panel and it's beading water like crazy. I sat the bottle on the hood and it slid right off.
Yep thts what the slick does for ya! And you only need it evry 4 months. 2 months if youre really ****, evry month if your just plain insane. Amd by insane i mean charlie sheen looks as peaceful as Ghandi compared to ya. When ur car gets dusty u cab wipe it off with ur hand and ur paint will be fine!
Old 5/1/11, 06:33 AM

Youused too mucj quick and slick..... Please call me 7042416561 Frank Defeo
Old 5/1/11, 08:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by karkleener
Youused too mucj quick and slick..... Please call me 7042416561 Frank Defeo
Hey frank ive been tryin to talk to a few store owners down here in corpus christi to try and get them to sell croftgate products but to no avail. Still trying to get some detailers around here to catch onto the product. I used it a a local car show we have every month and everyone was all over the product so its a good sign. Ill be in touch to let u know if thats ok
Old 5/2/11, 09:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
maybe they should become a supporting vendor here at TMS
Old 5/2/11, 07:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

^ agreed
Old 6/2/11, 10:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got a black 09 Mustang - the original owner has done (in my opinion) a very good job of keeping it looking great. It only had 12k miles and I think it's spent most of it's life in a garage. I want to continue this as much as possible - but I'm a normal guy, using it as my daily driver which includes hauling around a 6 year old that's into baseball, football, all the little boy stuff so I don't have time to wash/dry it every couple of days. For my previous cars, I have used turtle wax car wash (mix in bucket, etc) and dried with a chamois cloth.
I was looking for something to do fingerprint/smudge removal in the basement maybe every couple of nights - all the comments here sound really good --- to be honest, almost too good which leaves me skeptical.
First, which part of this product sounds like what I'd need for what I want to do, and where can I get it?
Old 6/3/11, 07:54 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by rctoyguy
I just got a black 09 Mustang - the original owner has done (in my opinion) a very good job of keeping it looking great. It only had 12k miles and I think it's spent most of it's life in a garage. I want to continue this as much as possible - but I'm a normal guy, using it as my daily driver which includes hauling around a 6 year old that's into baseball, football, all the little boy stuff so I don't have time to wash/dry it every couple of days. For my previous cars, I have used turtle wax car wash (mix in bucket, etc) and dried with a chamois cloth.
I was looking for something to do fingerprint/smudge removal in the basement maybe every couple of nights - all the comments here sound really good --- to be honest, almost too good which leaves me skeptical.
First, which part of this product sounds like what I'd need for what I want to do, and where can I get it?
These are the results from just three steps from croftgate. Wash & wax mixed with water (three cap fulls in a 16oz spray bottle and shake it up) let the wax cure a bit then take some aquanil-x, spray it on a micro and the panel you want to buff out and go to work. Two sprays on the towel and maybe one or two on the body.(use at least two micros here, wipe and buff) Then take the quick n slick, two sprays on a new micro and wipe down one section at a time buffing each section as you finish it.

Sorry quality isn't that great, I used my iPod touch for these pics
Attached Images         
Old 6/3/11, 07:58 AM
GT Member

I was very skeptical at first but I just went to site, gave frank a call and ordered a sample pack. After that point I was sold. I have yet to try their mega polish but I have some waitin in the garage for me to use. Ohh and their multi-clean and tire dressing products are amazing! The tire dressing makes your tires look new and it doesn't sling onto the paint like most other dressings do. And the multi clean can clean just about anything it touches, my wheel wells were spotless when I used it!
Oh and I forgot to mention that for the past 6 months my house has been surrounded by construction zones and Shes still gleaming in the light(:
Old 6/3/11, 08:50 AM
V6 Member

Your best bet is to order the sample pack online. Trust me when I say you will be back for more. Everybody that I have directed towards the sample pack has come back LOVING Croftgate products!

Originally Posted by Hawaii 5.0
Hey frank ive been tryin to talk to a few store owners down here in corpus christi to try and get them to sell croftgate products but to no avail. Still trying to get some detailers around here to catch onto the product. I used it a a local car show we have every month and everyone was all over the product so its a good sign. Ill be in touch to let u know if thats ok
PM sent

Originally Posted by Leo93
I was very skeptical at first but I just went to site, gave frank a call and ordered a sample pack. After that point I was sold. I have yet to try their mega polish but I have some waitin in the garage for me to use. Ohh and their multi-clean and tire dressing products are amazing! The tire dressing makes your tires look new and it doesn't sling onto the paint like most other dressings do. And the multi clean can clean just about anything it touches, my wheel wells were spotless when I used it!
Oh and I forgot to mention that for the past 6 months my house has been surrounded by construction zones and Shes still gleaming in the light(:
Dude your car looks AMAZING!!!

Have you tried any of the interior cleaning products? They work great as well!
Old 6/3/11, 01:34 PM
GT Member

Nope can't say I have tried interior stuff. Just the odor eliminator and fabric cleaner right? Oh and the leather cleaner. How well would the leather stuff work on the factory dash as a protectabt? Cuz I have the cloth seats
Old 6/3/11, 02:59 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Leo93
Nope can't say I have tried interior stuff. Just the odor eliminator and fabric cleaner right? Oh and the leather cleaner. How well would the leather stuff work on the factory dash as a protectabt? Cuz I have the cloth seats
Stuff Is awesome infact Buckingham palace in England uses the leather products.

I just looked and didnt see it on the website but the have some stuff called Interior Sheen and it cleans your interior and doesnt leave that nasty Armor All grease behind just a clean interior without the slip and slide affect!
Old 6/3/11, 03:10 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I have the aquanil X and the quick n slick. Not sold on the aquanil. Still don't trust it against scratches and it is even more work than washing with water. I would rather fight water spots.
The quick n slick on the other hand is fantastic. Easy to use. Follow the directions. And be amazed how water will jump off of your car weeks later. So totally recommend quick n slick as one of the best Protectants I've found so far.
Old 6/3/11, 03:12 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I have the aquanil X and the quick n slick. Not sold on the aquanil. Still don't trust it against scratches and it is even more work than washing with water. I would rather fight water spots.
The quick n slick on the other hand is fantastic. Easy to use. Follow the directions. And be amazed how water will jump off of your car weeks later. So totally recommend quick n slick as one of the best Protectants I've found so far.
The thing with the Aquanil-X is you are washing AND waxing your car at the same time basically. you cant tell me its harder than washing then drying then waxing your car?

Not only that but I can wash my car with Aquanil-X and clean the rims and tires with the tire shine in an hour flat.

Last edited by TangerMean; 6/3/11 at 03:19 PM.
Old 6/3/11, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by TangerMean

The thing with the Aquanil-X is you are washing AND waxing your car at the same time basically. you cant tell me its harder than washing then drying then waxing your car?

Not only that but I can wash my car with Aquanil-X and clean the rims and tires with the tire shine in an hour flat.
To each his own. I still use it for spot cleaning. Usually my front bumper and hood after a trip. Bug guts and what not. But as far as a quick wash between details, I'll still just use water. Croftgate definitely makes some great products though. And they seem to do what is advertised. It may be safe on a dirty car but black cars with lots of clear are unforgiving. Just my opinions here but it is a great product regardless.
Old 6/3/11, 03:30 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
To each his own. I still use it for spot cleaning. Usually my front bumper and hood after a trip. Bug guts and what not. But as far as a quick wash between details, I'll still just use water. Croftgate definitely makes some great products though. And they seem to do what is advertised. It may be safe on a dirty car but black cars with lots of clear are unforgiving. Just my opinions here but it is a great product regardless.
Its all good man I'm just get amped about the stuff!
Old 6/3/11, 03:36 PM

I hear you. I just used the quick n slick this afternoon. Check the label on storing the aquanil. My gallon has been in the garage for probably 4 months or so and it seems that it is starting to mildew in the jug. Not sure why. I didn't read the storage instructions if there are any. Just something to check out.
Old 6/3/11, 04:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TangerMean

Its all good man I'm just get amped about the stuff!
Yea i get pretty psyched when i use this stuff. Sometimes i drive through a dusty road just so i have an excuse to use the products Leo93 is my cousin by the way and he actually got me into this stuff!
Old 6/3/11, 10:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

I also have a black mustang. I have had great results with turtle wax black box. It comes with a detail spray to do the quick wipe-down too. Go to the black sub-forum. There is some really great advice there. There was a member who mentioned another black type product and he posted pics that said 10000 words
Old 6/4/11, 12:51 AM
GT Member

Hey one tip for aquanil-x is this. Spray one part of your microfiber with two sprays of the aq-x then put on or two sprays on the panel. Very easy to buff off and less chance of leavin any residue behind. Plus if u want more protection then just add a spray here and there. Then the real layer of protection comes with that quick n slick.

Quick Reply: CroftGateUSA Wash & Wax on a DIRTY car